custom permanent ramps
Building a wheelchair ramp is not a decision to be taken lightly. There are many factors that will go into each of your choices along the way.
Here are some questions to consider when finding the right wheelchair ramp for you and your home.
- What type of mobility device(s) will the ramp user need?
- Will this device change over time? If you are using a cane or walker today, you may need to consider a wheelchair in the future.
- Which entrance to the house is most accessible or used and what obstacles do you need to build around?
- What are the local zoning requirements? Check with your local government and HOAs for permits and special requirements.
- What material do you want the ramp made of? Is function more important than curb appeal?
- How permanent do you want the ramp to be? Will you need to move it later?
- How much time do you (or your family) have to invest in construction? Would you be better off with a contractor or wheelchair ramp installer?